The history of the establishment of the ICU dates back to World War II. At that time, doctors came to the conclusion that the injured should be treated individually, continuously and accurately. For this reason, they set up intensive care units in the front line hospitals, and nurses with a high level of expertise and experience They were chosen.
ICU C Laleh Hospital is located in the fourth floor of the hospital adjacent to the internal department and opposite the post office and heart surgery.
The section consists of 6 separate units for patients, a patient-specific washbasin, a dirty room, a room for rest rooms and a storage room, and a physician's room.
Each unit includes:
- A monitor above the patient's head indicating rhythm and rhythm and arterlane-dependent blood pressure and cuff-dependent hypertension, CVP , respiratory rate, and temperature, SPO 2, and ... Patient.
- A flat bed equipped with a remote control that can be changed from three parts.
- A locksmith is the location of the patient's equipment, as well as the patient basket and consumables, such as syringes, gloves, masks, and so on.
- A ventilator and a ammo bag and an oxygen flow meter
- In the upper part of the patient's head there are 1 central suction, central oxygen, bell light, bulb on the top of the bed.
- No. 10 sockets, 4 x Out let contains two oxygen number, one for air, one for suction available.
- Patient's desk
The ICU's room is at the end of the ICU .
The unit also has an emergency room trailer number, a portable number, one electrocardiogram and one portable monitor.
Management and Personnel ICU Section C :
Head of ICU C department is responsible for anesthesiologist. Nursing system is managed by head nurse. Nursing staff includes 12 nurses and 8 nurses.
A secretary is responsible for affairs.
One person carries out the services of a gentleman and groom.
Root Nursing Care of Patients in ICU :
Control of vital signs at least every two hours
Mouthwash three times a day (22-14-10)
Change in patient's position and massage every 2 hours or according to the patient's needs
Greasy around the mouth with a lotion to prevent the lining of the cornea and fix the endotracheal tube with the gland and place the gas on both sides (every 12 hours)
Check the pipework for position and pressure of the pipe cuff
Suction of mouth and chest secretions or tracheostomy as PRN
Washing the tracheostomy and surrounding it with N / S and replacing the surrounding gas.
Wash the bed with normal saline and place the stance in a way that is not under pressure.
Perineal area washes in patients with Foley catheter three times with iodine and then washed with N / S (10-22)
Bath in bed as needed (every three days and in the bathroom in the bathroom)
Control of the functioning of the chest tube and its drainage chart
NGT control in terms of displacement (especially in patients who are being bled)
Replacing patient dressings with the principles of sterilization
Respiratory physiotherapy and encouraging patient to use motivational spirometry
Precise control of fluid intake and disposal
Foley catheter replacement and NGT patients every 10 days
Since the patient is completely alert and awake, he has no pain, is not restless, and is ready to receive education, he is told little by little.
- When breathing exercises (using spirometry) are in the bed, the movements of the organs are taught and reminded.
- The correct way of walking after being allowed to leave the bed is taught.
- If the patient has blood pressure or diabetes, proper diet and medication will be taught.
- It is taught how to properly care for the area, bathing, lifting up, sitting, sleeping, etc.
All the items trained in the training sheet are recorded in the patient's case and the patient is asked. After being sure of them, they will be signed by him and given the pamphlets about the training to the patient.
How to accept:
Patients out of the hospital after informing the head nurse and coordinating with the department director, if they so wish, they will be informed to the admission unit for admission to the hospital for admission to the vacant bed.
Patients in the hospital are admitted to the ICU by a doctor's order . In accepting patients, the following points should be noted.
- Patient's Advice in the Section: In this case, patient information should be entered by the secretary in the administrative office.
- After accepting the patient, the nurse carries out a precise examination of the patient, including:
- In terms of vital signs , the types of drains , catheters , IV site , the presence of chest tubes , and check the amount of fluid inside the chest bottle , pacemaker , bed sore , burn , amputation , mental status , history of specific drug use, or substance and drug addiction Specifics (all of the above should be recorded in the patient's case and file)
- If hospitalization is required, all routine tests (including CBC diff , Blood Group , Na , k BUN Cr, FBS, , ABG , , PTT , PT ESR ,U / A ) , ECG and CX Ray done.
- The patient nurse should write nursing reports about patient's well-being after the patient's admission, in the patient's nursing note sheet.
Patient admission OR : Patients in the operating room should be accepted in any condition, but the department is required tomake an ICU bed reservation before surgery, and if necessary, the patient will be admitted to the ICU during the operation in the operating room .