What is the health of the hospital?
Environmental health is the control of the factors of the living environment that somehow affect or will have an effect on the well-being and physical and mental health of the human being.
Or, in other words, the balance and adaptation that must exist between man and his environment to provide him with physical and psychological well-being, and preventing the disease by controlling and eliminating environmental factors that are effective in the transmission and establishment of the disease. It is desirable
Considering the definition of environmental health and individual responsibility for the health of people in the community, it is important to consider health issues in the workplace of the hospital.
The health of the hospital environment involves all measures that prevent the transmission of pathogens outside the hospital to the hospital and vice versa. In this regard, environmental factors such as water, sewage, waste, air, food and ... should be controlled in order to help improve patients in addition to creating a healthy and hygienic environment.
Responsibilities of Environmental Health Expert Expert at Laleh Hospital
1- Membership of the Infection Control Committee and active participation in the meetings of the Committee
2- Preparation and editing of educational materials and the formation of educational sessions related to environmental health and public health for staff of different categories
3. Supervision and intervention in the contract of service of the hospital and the request for medical examination card, examination card and certificate of public health education of the personnel subject to the law
4. Review the water status of the hospital (public network, private network) and its related records
5- Health and sanitation control of quantitative and qualitative water and periodic microbiological and chemotherapy experiments with reference to the guidelines, standards and conditions.
6. Supervision, examination and control of the health of the various stages of collection, separation, transfer, temporary storage, dispensing and disposal of medical waste and planning for reducing waste volume, as well as preventing the sale and recycling of hospital waste
7. Supervision and sanitary control of hospital waste disposal and, if there is a problem, provide appropriate executive suggestions.
8. Harmonization for sampling of effluent from sewage treatment system in accordance with the declared instructions (if there is a treatment plant) to check the quality of sewage treatment (3 months)
9. Control of insects and rodents with priority on environmental improvement, waste disposal and coordination, monitoring of yield and how to contract with approved spraying companies of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
10. Supervision and intervention in the provision and use of disinfectants and hospital cleaners
11. The necessary measures in the field of clothing and the necessary requirements for the use of sponges (hides, caps, gloves, masks, boots, etc.), and the provision of toxins, gauze and other equipment used in spraying, in coordination with the authorities of the hospital
12. Check the technical condition of the air conditioner in the hospital (heating, cooling) and follow up to eliminate potential problems.
13. Follow up and action on health and safety issues in the ionizing radiation sector with the assistance of the responsible health physicist and obtaining permits to work with radiation
14. Continuous technical and sanitary supervision over the work of the kitchen, including: (environmental health conditions of the kitchen, cold storage, food storage, sanitary facilities, personal hygiene of the staff, staff restroom, washing and disinfection of dishes, washing and disinfection of raw vegetables used, Health status of ready-made food to cook utensils and utensils.)
15. Supervision and coordination in the supply chain, cooking and distribution of nutrients in collaboration with a nutrition expert to ensure the health of distribution and consumption of food
16. Supervision and constant control over the laundries and observance of all safety and hygiene considerations for the separation of non-infectious clothing during washing and the use of automatic detergent and appropriate detergents and, finally, "disinfection and dressing of infected and contaminated clothing" (explaining that the use of materials Disinfectant (Javel water, etc.) must be carefully selected in order to determine the type and amount allowed to cause damage to appliances and clothing).
17. Continuous communication with health departments in coordinating executive activities and guidelines. Regulatory measures in the hospital.
18. Record and record administrative measures and correspondence and establish a correct and regular archive in such a way that the process of work and follow-up of affairs in this way is completely "accessible". (Documentation)
19. Supervise safety and active participation in reducing hospital accidents and injuries, including covering windows, fire extinguishers and warning systems, inhibiting medical capsules. .
20. Carry out tasks in specific circumstances, such as controlling epidemics, as well as dealing with crises and disasters
21. Developing and preventing tobacco use in closed and public spaces of the hospital
22. Coordination and action for the establishment of the environmental health committee and the active participation in meetings and follow up of approved regulations.
23. In general, the necessary health monitoring and control over all sectors - Co-ordination with the managers and authorities of the different parts of the field of work and organizational tasks.